I have been looking everywhere for ornaments for the boys. I haven't been able to find anything that i like. I originally wasn't going to do Christmas this year, i didn't see the point in doing it without them but i thought that i should do it any way for them. So i decided to get them a special little tree and each year i will add a new decoration for them.
It is so hard to find anything nice enough for them. They are all baby's first Christmas and although it will be their first Christmas i don't see how they are quite appropriate. I wanted something that as soon as i seen it i knew that it was the one. So anyway i was looking on etsy the other day and found the cutest hand made elephant ornament that holds a heart that can have a name or date written on it. I loved it but i didn't want to get it because there wasn't a giraffe as well. I don't like getting something for one of them without the other. It is stupid but i feel guilty or something, kinda like i am favouring one. It is usually elephant things that i like but there is hardly ever giraffe stuff. Anyway i have gotten side tracked. I really wanted the elephant ornament but decided against it because i wasn't getting it without a giraffe. So yesterday my sister emailed me ( she lives with me, well actually i live with her, but she knows that i don't like all the emotional stuff she she decided to tell me in an email to save all the awkwardness) that she had gotten me the elephant and a giraffe Christmas ornaments and also another set without all the Christmas stuff. She had already seen them and paid for them before i had seen them, that's why i couldn't find a giraffe there. I am so happy that she did that for me. She was going to wait until they arrived in the mail to tell me about them but because they aren't going to be here before i leave on my holiday she decided to just tell me so i wasn't stressing out and to make sure that i had a good time while i was away. I love my sister so much. she always does the smallest things for me but they are always so well thought out and help the most. She always tells me that she wishes that there was something that she could do to help. I think that because i never talk to her about anything and never let her see me cry and never go to her for help that she isn't doing anything for me but i don't think that she realises that her just being here helps and the little things that she does helps and just knowing that she loves my boys so much helps.
I also found a place that makes personalised ornaments so today i went and designed some for the boys. I got them in the shape of stars and they have their photos on them and their names. I wont get them for a few weeks but i cant wait to see them. So i have gone from stressing out about not having any ornaments for them too having a selection of them.
I will post pictures of all of them once i get them, it will probably be in about 3 weeks after i get home from my holiday. Only 3 days till i leave :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
The ornaments sound GREAT! What a nice thing for your sister to do for your boys. Have a great time back at home!! xx
Can't wait to see the pics. I can relate to feeling like nothing seems to be good enough for your babies. Have a great trip! *hugs*
I Can't wait to see the pics! What a sweet thing for your sister to do for your beautiful boys!
That was so nice of your sister to get you those ornaments. I bet there are beautiful.
Post a Comment