Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Heartbreaking

So yesterday and today i havent really been in the best of moods. Like i have said before i am a volunteer with a organiseation called Teddy logve club. I got involved with them after i lost my boys. They donate teddies to families that lose their babies so they dont have to leave the hospital with empty arms. I wanted to be able to give back and help other families that were going to have to go through what i was going through. I love doing it. It makes me feel like something good is coming from what i had been through. Even though i would take it all back to have my boys back.
A few months ago i droped about 12 teddies off at my local hospital. I thought 12 was going to be enough to last a while. Well really i was hoping it would be. Anyway i got a call yesterday morning saying that the hospital had run out of teddies and they would like me to drop some more off to them. It broke my heart. I know that this kind of thing happens a lot but for some reason i didnt think that they would run out so soon. I can understand how a hospital in a city or a bigger town might run out quickly but where i live is small. It just makes me so sad thinking of how many people are going through so much pain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is truely heartbreaking; I keep tabs on the local news very close, and have many different friends in different places in my small town. We have lost many babies since my son passed away almost a year ago, more than one a month. It breaks my heart all these Mommys and Daddys hurt like this, and lost their little Angels too.

Holly said...

You do a great thing by helping out! I hate hearing that they have run out already. It is so sad and heartbreaking!!

Leila's mommy said...

ugh, that just breaks my heart too. it just isn't fair at all.
i think it is wonderful that you volunteer for that. what a great gift.