Thursday, November 19, 2009

My addiction

I have a problem with addiction. I think it isn't that bad but anyone that knows me would disagree. This isn't a normal addiction, it isn't drugs, cigarettes, alcohol or anything like that, it is actually a little embarrassing really. I'm not the type of person that usually does something because everyone else is doing it. I like to be different. I really tried extremely hard to stay away from this. I didn't want to like it as much as i did. I tried to make myself hate it but it just wasn't possible. The first time that i was exposed to it i was hooked. I have never been the same since.

I am addicted to twilight. Yes that's right i have an addiction to the twilight saga. I know it is sad. Like i said i didn't want to like it, mainly because it was the big thing i didn't go and watch it at the movies i didn't hire out the DVD i didn't read the books even though a few people tried to make me read them. One night my sister got the DVD and i had nothing better to do so i thought i would watch it just to prove to myself that i wouldn't like it. From that second on i was hooked. the next day i went out and brought all the books and read them in 3 1/2 days. i think i only slept for a few hours in between books. i didn't put the book down until it was finished. I got the DVDs ( 3 disc special addition) and watch the DVD most days.

Before this i hadn't read a book since i was at school other then pregnancy books.

Last night i went and watched twilight at the movies because i didn't see it there when it came out. I wanted to watch the midnight showing of new moon but to my disappointment it had sold out before i got a chance to watch it. So first thing this morning i went and watched new moon at the cinemas. It was amazing. I had the best day. I wore my team Jacob shirt and has my new moon popcorn and drink. Got the best seat. I didn't want it to finish. I definitely recommend everyone watch it.

I really have no idea why i like it as much as i do. I have never been this obsessed about anything before. I think it was because i watched the movie and read the books about a month after the boys were born. It was the first thing that i found could completely take my mind of my crappy life. When i was reading it i wasn't me anymore, i was in Bella's head, it was my escape. It was so nice and i got to feel that again today watching new moon. I wasn't sad all day, i really did have a great day today. That hasn't happened in a long time.

Sorry for this being so long and random but i just wanted to share my escape.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU are so LUCKY!!! IT does not come out til tomorrow here. SO we are going to the midnight showing tonight for new moon!!! I am SO SO SOSOSOSOOSOSOSO EXCITED to hang out with my girls...

Jill said...

You are not alone in your addiction. : ) I know many people who are obsessed with Twilight. I myself have not read the books or seen the movie, but everyone keeps telling me I should.

Hope you enjoyed the movie.

Kristy said...

I had to stop reading after you reveal your addiction. ;) I am not a twilight fan myself, but I know so many who are. Its too funny! I'm glad you got out and had some you time, and enjoyed the movies.

Holly said...

I hear you! I have a vampire addiction that is only quenched by more vampires. hahaha I am seeing New Moon tomorrow. So excited!! I actually was finishing off the last book of the Twlight series while I was in labor with Carleigh. lol

Lea said...

We all need an escape... glad you have found one. I know nothing about Twilight, but I do know many, many fans.

xo

ForeverElliot'sMommy said...

I LOVE Twighlight too! My bosses 12 year old daughter turned me onto it....sad huh...I CAN'T wait to see New Moon....I love to read good books and escape reality for short periods of time!! I am so glad you had a good day, I know those can be far and few between at times.
HUGS
Brandy

Lisa and Jonathan said...

I have this same addiction. I actually bought the Twilight and New Moon books before the movie came out right before I found out I was pg with Jasper. I wanted to read Twilight before the movie, but we had a bit of a rocky start with Jasper and with first tri tiredness I couldn't do it. When we saw Twilight I went home and read the book In less then 24 hours and all the books in less then 2 weeks. Since then I have read over 2 dozen vamp novels and my addiction has not been quenched yet. We just got back from seeing the midnight showing of New Moon here in Florida and I will be seeing it again on Sat or Sun. I loved how it kept with the book. Oh, and thank you for the pics I love them and will post a thank you on my blog shortly.