I had a interview for a job at a cafe today. I still dont really know how i am feeling about it all. I really do want to work and i hate not having a job or money but I'm not too sure if i am really ready to go back to working. I know that i will prolly never be fully ready to work but it is really starting to scare me. I am so lucky that i live somewhere that i can have that much time out of work and i know that many people don't have that kind of chance to do it but i hate that it isn't really my choice to start work again and that i am being forced into looking and applying for work even if the job isn't something that i really want to do. It sucks. But this job is something that i am ok with doing and don't have alot of pressure involved and i think that the interview went well. I was stressing out quite a bit in the lead up to the interview. I was stressing out that i would get asked questions about why i haven't worked since August 08 and i didn't know what i was going to say. I didn't want to tell them that i was pregnant and that my babies died but i didn't really want to lie either. So when the question was asked i just said that i haven't worked in that time because i moved interstate, they then asked me why i moved and i just said that it was because all of my family moved out of the state and i thought that it would be a good thing for me to move too. It wasn't a lie but it wasn't the entire truth either. I know that it probably doesn't look real good not working in over a year but i thought that it would be worse if i broke down and cried in the middle of a job interview.
I should hear by Monday if i got the job or not and then if i did training will start on the 12th. Hopefully if i do get the job i am ready and it isn't too hard to start working again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I can just imagine the stress of that interview. I know here finding jobs has become impossible. And then to be gone form the workforce for the period of time that you were for the reason that you were only makes the interview process stressfull. I hope you get the job if it is something that you need.
Although I did not want to go back to work, especially full-time, I have to admit that the break from my reality has been nice. I am very distracted and don't have time to just sit and grieve. Although I do resent this at times, I think going back to work had helped me. xx
(P.S. If you ever tell my husband or boss I said this, I will deny it!!! :)
Post a Comment