Saturday, February 6, 2010

Eli and Jett's first birthday

So finally i have uploaded these photos. Our Internet/computer has been having meltdowns every time i try to do anything. So it took awhile to post these pictures. Well that is my excuse anyway.

This is the cake that i made for my niece Lani's fourth birthday. She had a super hero party and picked this picture. Can you tell that she has all boy cousins?
I was pulling my hair out making this cake, for some stupid reason i decided to do it that morning, we had to be at the pool at 11am i forgot to get half of the ingredients and it was that hot that i couldn't get the icing to do what i wanted it to do and was running down the cake. I was very annoyed and pretty much just threw it all on 5 seconds before walking out the door, and i still didn't have all of my things ready at that point.


The next day was the boys birthday. I am really annoyed at my self for not planning it better. If i had have used my head i would have done something, somewhere cooler. I planned on going to a park for a BBQ and the balloon release. I also planned on making the cake that morning but i thought to save myself from stressing out i would just buy a cake mix, because what could go wrong???... well everything can it turned out as flat as a pancake, i was so upset with myself but instead of getting myself worked up i just went to the supermarket and bought a mud cake. So much easier. Anyway the day was way hotter then i was expecting. It was about 45 celsius which looked up the conversion and is apparently about 113 fahrenheit? I don't know how hot it gets in the US but that is too hot for me!

So the dramas didn't stop there. W had a BBQ in the heat and we were all melting and over it so i decided to do the cake that night when it had cooled down a little bit. Then i realised that i had forgotten to bring the camera so i had to drive home and get it. So i don't have many photos of the day which i am a little annoyed about.

We decided to do the balloon release and then go home where it was a little cooler ( not much really) . I got a blue balloon for Eli and a green balloon for Jett and then everyone else had silver balloons. I gave everyone a balloon and a marker to write on them and found a silver one floating around in my bag so decided to use that instead. BAD IDEA. The silver marker popped Eli's balloon. I was so devastated. I felt like i failed them again. I had my first breakdown for the day. Lani seen me crying and then she started too and so did one of my friends and my sister so it was breakdown all over. All i wanted to do was go and buy a new balloon so he didn't have to miss out but being a sunday there was nothing open. So i got angry and didn't write on any of the balloons and just tied the popped blue balloon to the green balloon and made myself get over it.




We watched the balloons until we couldn't see them anymore. They pretty much stayed together the entire time. I'm sure the Eli wouldn't have minded not having a blue balloon because there were enough silver ones to make up for it.


This is the cake that i got for them. I love the candles that i used. I like how colourful they are. The little candles around the edge are hugs and kisses xo. I thought they were so cute and it felt like i was sending the hugs and kisses right up to them in the stars. I decided to let Lani cut the cake I'm sure that the boys would have liked that she did it. I let her cut it what ever way she wanted and i think that she done a pretty good job of it.

Thank you to everyone that was thinking of me and the boys on their special day. I could feel all of your thoughts with me.

I forgot to add that i also took time out away from everyone and went to the movies by myself and watched ava.tar 3d. I loved it.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Looks like such a wonderful day. The cake looks yummy. I'm sure Jett and Eli had huge smiles on their faces looking down on everyone.

Mackenzie's Mommy said...

You did a great job honoring them on their 1st birthday. It doesn't have to be something elaborate. I'm sorry the balloon popped :( Of course they understand and enjoyed the balloon release no matter what! I'm still about 4 months away from Mackenzie's 1st birthday and I'm already dreading it. I hope I can handle it and honor her like you did your boys!
xo
Ashley
PS- 113 degrees??? That's insane. It gets crazy hot in Texas but not usually THAT hot!!

Mary said...

Wow! 113 degrees is too hot. I don't think it has been that hot here in years.

I think you did an awesome job for their birthday. It is just that we already put so much pressure on ourselves. But the boys know how much you love them. We need to learn to expect the unexpected.

((hugs))

Holly said...

That's a really hot day!! I'm sorry the balloon popped. :( It was still a wonderful release. Wishing the boys a happy 1st birthday