I really need help deciding what to do for the boys first birthday. I really want to do something special for them but i have left it really late and i cant think of what to do. If anyone has any ideas, it doesnt matter how small please let me know. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
For my daughter's 1st birthday last year we had a birthday party just me, my husband and daughter. I decorated and made a cake, and let my daughter blow out the candle...we sang happy birthday and everything! It was nice :) And I saved the decorations and candle for her shelf!
Last year we added to the memorial garden we started- we found plants that will bloom around this time so that we'll have something beautiful in his memory each year. That evening we went out to dinner with both sets of parents too. I started working with the hospital before the one year mark but didn't get the full approval until afterwards to go forward with the pregnancy loss kits. I'm not really sure what we'll do this year for the second aniversary... we'll see. Whatever you do allow yourself to smile when you feel like smiling and cry when you feel like crying. I think that's one of the most important things- last year there were tears- but not the whole day.
I know I'm getting long and rambly but it also helped me to start the morning listening to the playlist that I made shortly after Levi died.
Peace & love to you!!!
a friend of mine that lost her daughter, had a birthday party - with all their friends and children, and asked them to bring toys for all ages of children. after the celebration, she donated all the toys to the children's part of the hospital where her daughter was born. i think that was a lovely idea.
hope you are well, and thinking of you on this hard day. i hope that it holds some sort of beauty for you.
xx MB
Well, I plan on having a party and inviting our families. I want to do a balloon release and I have these cards with Carleigh's Say It With Flowers flower that people can write a message on to send up with the balloon. I'm sure we'll have a cake. Still working on it all!
we went to Peyton's grave and had friends there. First we said a prayer of thanks for all those who have been there for us through the year, then handed out balloons for everyone to write a message to her on. We did a balloon release and played "Somewhere over the rainbow" by IZ, then lit sparklers. After we took everyone out to dinner and had a birthday cake. It was a bittersweet but beautiful day. I hope this helps.
Post a Comment